At Hob Hill, we are unified in our belief that the teaching of PSHE &RSE gives children the knowledge, skills and experiences they need to have a successful future. We believe that all children are entitled to high quality learning and teaching, which equips them with the skills, knowledge and understanding they need today and prepare them well for the next step in their educational journey at Hob Hill.
Throughout our PSHE/RSE teaching we aim to:
- Provide pupils with the knowledge, understanding, attitudes, values and skills they need in order to reach their potential as individuals and within the community.
- Encourage pupils to take part in a wide range of activities and experiences across and beyond the curriculum, contributing fully to the life of their school and communities.
- Allow pupils to learn to recognise their own worth, work well with others and become increasingly responsible for their own learning.
- Give children the opportunity to reflect on their experiences and understand how they are developing personally and socially, tackling many of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up.
- Allow children to understand and respect our common humanity; diversity and differences so that they can go on to form the effective, fulfilling relationships that are an essential part of life and learning.
- Provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place.
- Prepare pupils for puberty, and give them an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene.
- Help pupils develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
- Create a positive culture around issues of sexuality and relationships
- Teach pupils the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies
Click on the links below to explore our parent fact sheets. These will provide parents with information and guidance linked to our PSHE/RSE units each half term.